Wednesday, January 30, 2008

And The Winner Is......

For months now I have been trying to decide which preschool would be best for Shelby. Shelby currently gets therapy from four different therapists but they cant come after she turns three. We had two options to choose from. The first being with the district at Roy Elementary School. That would be 2 1/2 hours a day, four days a week. The second being Utah Schools for the Deaf and Blind. That would be 6 hours a day, four days a week. I was kinda leaning toward the USDB because they would really be able to focus on her vision needs but there was NO way I was going to have my three year old get on a bus, yes I said a bus, and leave me for 6 hours a day. So today we had a meeting with all of her therapists and people representing both schools (10 people in all) and talked over everything and I decided on the USDB. I will be taking and picking her up and she will be going 3 half days a week. I went to tour the school previously and it seems like a great school. The teacher was really nice. There is only 4 other kids in the class so thats a great class size. They have a indoor playground, swimming pool and lots of other neat resources to help these kids with disabilites. She will start on the 12th of February so wish us luck!

3 comments:

McKell said...

A BUS?!?! There is no way I could put my three year old on a bus and have her gone for 6 hours(although I could probably get used to that part...) I'm glad you were able to work things out, it's great they are willing to accomadate you. Kinsley doesn't start school until the fall you'll have to keep me updated on everything.

Mitzi said...

Good luck! That must be such a hard decision. I'm glad that you found a school you feel good about, and I wish you all the best!

I pretend to Run (Emily) said...

It sounds like they were willing to work with you and want Shelby there! Brad goes to school 2 days a week for 4 hours and he LOVES it! Hopefully Shelby will too! They can just learn from another person and they make great friends! Let me know how it goes! I know she'll do great!