Friday, February 22, 2008

Miracles




Shelby had an appointment today at Primary Children's Medical Center for a echo cardiogram and an appointment with her cardiologist. Needless to say that she is terrified of Dr's(with good reason.) She was very scared when they tried to have her lay down to do the echo. They put on a movie for her, had another nurse come in and play with her to try and make her feel calm but she knew something was going to happen so she just cried and said"Go home." In the end we had to hold her down so they could get the pictures they needed of her heart. They let her choose a bunch of toys after so she liked that part. When we met with the cardiologist he gave us the miraculous news that her heart is completely healed, he thought her pulmonary artery was growing fine with no restrictions and that they couldn't see the hole in her heart that she previously had. I have to say that I did not know that she even HAD a hole in her heart before.... Weird. But I feel so completely blessed to receive such wonderful news. It brings tears to my eyes when I think about how things have turned out so amazing with her. To think back to what happen three years ago and reading through Shelby's medical records it is truly a miracle that she survived at all.

7 comments:

tysqui said...

I agree. That's truly a miracle! What a blessed little girl.

Becky said...

She is such a cutie, and so brave with all the things she has gone through. That is such great news!

Jana said...

what a beautiful little girl. i admire her for all she has been through and she is a lil fighter. and i also admire you rachelle, for how brave and amazing you have been and what an inspiration you are to me and my family. i love you guys.

I pretend to Run (Emily) said...

That's great news! I would be afraid of doctor's too if I was her! She is a miracle child! She just keeps showing us that miracle's do happen! She's such a cutie! I hope to get up there sometime so that we can see you all!

Mitzi said...

What wonderful news! You must be thrilled. I am so happy for all of you that things turned out so well. You've all been through a lot, and are amazingly strong. What a sweetie!

McKell said...

What a relief that must be! What a trooper, taking my kids to the DR is a battle I can't imagine how hard that is for her. We love the miracle that is Shelby!

Alysia said...

Wow. That is great news. She really is such an amazing miricle and a blessing. You are such a good mom too to be able to handle so much so well. We love her too!