Wednesday, April 30, 2008

The Bus (Cue Dramatic Music)

I did something crazy today. I let Shelby ride the bus home from preschool. The only reason that I decided that she could was because she kept begging me every time she saw the buses that she wanted to ride on it. They get out early on Wednesdays so school is out at the time I usually pick her up. I had talked to the bus driver 4 or 5 times. He drove by our house a few days earlier to make sure he knew where it was and she had a carseat on the bus. But honestly, I was an anxious, nervous wreck!! They were about 4 minutes late and I was about to call the Utah National Gaurd or the FBI! I ran outside as soon as I saw the bus pull in. (I guess I should mention that she actually really liked it and enjoyed the bus.) Hmmm.....

6 comments:

tysqui said...

Good for you to save gas and good for Shelby for being a big girl! I can't believe it.

Mitzi said...

So cute. I'm glad it all turned out okay. That's a big step in a mom's life!

eMiLy sLaUgH said...

That's great she liked the bus! It will probably be easier on you if she can take the bus home and she likes it! I know Brad would love to go on the bus!

Morgue said...

wow I am impressed :) way to go shelby, and way to go Rachelle :)

T.Irwin said...

I think I'd have been ready to call in all sorts of federal assistance. I'm glad she liked the bus ride - as a kid I remember thinking it would be so fun.

Downs Family said...

I wish we had the bus! Addie would love it. Way to go for not calling in the Feds!