Thursday, April 3, 2008

First Day of School



I cant believe it my my baby girl had her first day of school. I finally decided that I had stalled enough and was ready to let her have a chance at preschool. I took her on Tuesday for the first time. It actually went really good. When I told her we were going to school she was really excited. She had her backpack on and her friends in her hand and life was good! She was nervous and clingy at first but enjoyed playing with the other kids and doing all sorts of fun stuff. The kids were so excited to see her because I guess they had been waiting so long for her to come. There is the cutest boy in the class that loves Shelby already. He cant see very well so he kept walking up to her and saying "Is this Shelby?" It was really cute. I stayed with her all of her first day and all of her second day but today I left her to see how she would do. She cried of course but her teachers said that she would get over it. I was probably just as sad though. I actually would love to see her not so much of a mommy's girl and to not be so scared to have me leave so we'll see. Her teachers are wonderful! They have 3 teachers and 6 kids so good ratio there. Anyway, all in all it went really good.

5 comments:

tysqui said...

That's so exciting Rachelle. Little Shelby's growing up.

Alysia said...

Wow! You finally took the plunge. I am glad that you and her liked it. I am sure that she will get use to you leaving before to long. Yeah Shelby!

eMiLy sLaUgH said...

She looks so cute for her first day of school! That's nice that you were able to stay with her for the first couple days! I bet she will love it! That is really exciting!

alisquire said...

I bet it was hard to let her go. I'm glad she's enjoying it though.

Mitzi said...

She is such a doll, and I'm glad she's enjoying preschool! That's a big step for both of you. Good luck!