Thursday, April 24, 2008

A Good Week


This week has been a good one. We bought a membership to the Treehouse Museum and have been able to take the kids a few times lately. I forgot my camera so I was using my phone so its not the best quality, but I thought this picture of Shelby was adorable. Make way for a future Dr!!! It is a very cute childrens museum and they have lots of fun learning and playing exhibits.


I took Keaton to the Dr on Tuesday and much to my surprise (again) he is not as big as my mind thinks he is. He weighed 17# 11oz and is 27 1/2 inches long. That is only in the 10th percentile for both. I know my view is a little off because of Shelby but he just has a chubby look about him. The Dr said he is very healthy so all is well there. Keaton is such a good baby. He will play alone with his toys for long periods of time. It is very nice to be able to get stuff done around the house. However, now that I said that I know things will change. They always do when you say it aloud or write it down :) I think he is just starting to get seperation anxiety so we will see.


Other then that I have been busy driving Shelby back and forth from school. It's 50 miles a day and these gas prices are killing me!! She actually had a day this week when she didnt cry when I dropped her off. YAY!


Tuckers dream came true this week when we bought a new car. He has been wanting an Jeep Grand Cherokee for a long time now. Since he works at a car dealership he got a VERY good deal. They are supposed to charge him $500 above cost but he talked them down and they only made $23 dollars on the deal. We would never have been able to afford it if we had to pay what they were asking. I think it saved us around $6,000 bones.

8 comments:

Mitzi said...

That's a great looking jeep! How exciting for you guys. That picture of Shelby with the baby is just darling. What a cutie.

The Waldron Family said...

What an exciting week. Such a cute future MD you have there! Congrats on the new car.

T.Irwin said...

You are right, that picture is adorable. You have the cutest growing family. It's nice to read your thoughts about it.

And, nice deal on the vehicle. It's always a good feeling when you come out ahead.

The Lilly's said...

Looks like Shelby may take after her mom, aunt and grandma and be a nurse. I know what you mean about Keaton's size. Alex was only 16.4 lbs. at his 9 month, which puts him in the first percentile! I don't think he looks that little until people say, "How old is he now, 6 months?" Oh well, as long as our boys are healthy and strong then who cares, right?!

eMiLy sLaUgH said...

That looks like a cute place for kids! How fun! Congrats on the car! That is definatly the way to get one! It's so fun to get a new car!

Alysia said...

Wow! look at you guys rollin' in a jeep. How exciting to get such a good deal on it! I can't wait till next week!

Caleb and Becky Rigby said...

What a good looking jeep. I want one now. :) Good for you guys. That picture of Shelby is adorable, looks like you guys have a lot of fun.

Kris & Stacy said...

Rachelle, didnt know you had a blog, but I am VERY glad to see you bought a pass to the tree house museam! We should meet you there one day soon!