Friday, May 9, 2008

American Idol Fever








Me and my sister Cheryce did the funnest thing today. We went down to the Gateway to meet up with American Idol contestant David Archuleta. Since he made it to the top three, he got to come home and they had all these huge celebrations planned. I honestly felt like a giddy little school girl. I am not gonna lie that I was yelling with the best of them. There were thousands of people there screaming, chanting "David", swarming his limo. It was great. The funny thing was on the way down me and Cheryce were thinking it was going to be an intimate little gathering with only a few people....we were SO wrong. We actually had a really good spot. We were able to watch him sign a few autographs and talk with all the media. We ended up going by his limo about 5 minutes before he left so we were within arms distance of him. Watch for us on American Idol on Tuesday cuz we just may be on it! :)

3 comments:

Becky said...

I love David! How fun that you got to go down there...I watched the news coverage. I love how he is so sincere and really seems surprised that he is so famous, y'know? And he has more talent than anyone else I know! Love him!

tysqui said...

Ahh man, and I'm stuck here in Chicago. I'm so glad that you celebrated D-Day in style. I totally would have been there with you, you know.

The Waldron Family said...

How fun is that. I am totally going to look for you Tuesday!