Thursday, May 8, 2008

Vegas Vacation!!

Shelby and Keaton playing at the park

Keaton and cute Reese

Picnic!

Keaton in his lovely hat

Shelby


I just back from Vegas yesterday. I took the kids and went to visit my sister Alysia, her husband Kevin and their cute kids Ellie and Reese. It was my first time flying by myself so I was way nervous!! My mom was able to help drop me off and check my luggage and after that it was great. Security was fine and the flight down went so smooth. Coming back it was a little rough. My sister was able to help we check my bags but the kids were tired and fussy and the plane had so much turbulence. I am a nervous flyer anyway so needless to say I was a little on edge.



We had such a fun time down there. My sister has a beautiful house there. (Aside from the occasional scorpion sighting, luckily not while I was down there, I was so paranoid) You would never really even notice that you were in Vegas. You cant see the strip from there house. It was already close to 90 degrees so we had a fun time being outside swimming and playing at the park. We took the kids to Chuck-E-Cheese. The kids had fun playing on all the toys and rides. It was so nice just to visit with the fam for a few days.

3 comments:

Becky said...

What a fun vacation! You are so brave to take both kids on an airplane alone!! I remember when Ian was 16 months old, Josh and I both took him on an airplane, and it seriously took all our efforts to keep him happy! I'm glad you got to have fun and enjoy the nice weather!!

Mitzi said...

Cute blog! It sounds like a great trip. I'm glad it went well and that you had so much fun!

Alysia said...

We miss you already! Thanks for coming it was so much fun. I was wondering if it would be a rough flight because it got windy right after you left. Email me any good pictures ok?