Saturday, June 28, 2008

An Eventful Week

Friends


It has been a week full of fun. Oddly enough I didn't have my camera to document most of it. On Monday we went to the park with Jana and Dax. It was too hot to play long but Shelby and Dax had fun for a little bit.
On Tuesday me and my sis Alysia took the kids to this cute little splash park in South Ogden. It was perfect for little kids and it is so nice to be by water when it is this hot!
On Wednesday we met up with Tucker's cousin Michele and her daughter Samantha. They are in town from California, we went to the Roy Aquatic Center. Shelby is in love with Samantha and I really enjoy spending time with them.
On Thursday we met up with Michele and Samantha again and went to the Treehouse. We love our membership there! After the Treehouse we went to lunch at Chili's and I had one of my most embarrassing parenting moments ever... It was nap time so I suppose I am partly to blame. We got our food and started eating and about half way into it Keaton bonked his head on the table so he started crying so loud (which is fine, this I was not embarrassed about.) For some reason, me holding Keaton put Shelby in crazy girl mode and she started going loco. She was hitting me and Keaton and screaming at the top of her lungs. So visualize two screaming kids, one of them also on a rampage...not a pretty picture. Everyone was avoiding eye contact, we cleared out our section of the restaurant, it was so bad. We got out of there pretty quick, thank goodness. That night I dropped Shelby off with Tucker's mom because they took her to Idaho for a few days.
On Friday I woke up to another delightful parenting moment. Keaton had managed to take off his stinky diaper(which he has never done in his life) and got it everywhere. It was all over his body, his bed and the worst part...in his mouth. So gross!! I put him right in the tub and did a major scrub down. We went to breakfast with Dianna because it was her birthday. I don't get to see her nearly enough and it was good to catch up. We also went to the park with Alysia, Cheryce and all the kids.
On another note my parents got Rock Band for the Wii. It is so much fun. Me and Alysia have been playing it and might I say we are pretty awesome...j/k. OK I am not kidding, we really are awesome :) Keaton likes it too.

5 comments:

Becky said...

Sounds like you had a fun week! By the way, I am pretty awesome at Guitar Hero too, but I've never tried the Rock Band! I've heard it's way fun! I'm sure I would rock out though! ;)

Mitzi said...

Okay, the story about the diaper has me fearing for future parenting moments. yuck! It's so crazy the things they do sometimes. I'm glad you had a fun week other than that! Cute cute kids!

The Lilly's said...

Better watch out, that cute little rocker is going to have a bunch of groupies after him before you know it. Oh my gosh, the Chili's incident and poopy diaper incident had me cracking up. Poor you!

eMiLy sLaUgH said...

Fun week! Sorry about the whole Chili's thing! I understand completely how that feels! Brad did the same thing with his dirty diaper! GROSS! Somehow he survived!

The Waldron Family said...

Sounds like a fun week! WOW busy.