Thursday, June 5, 2008

Hawaii

***Warning, Picture Overload***





Tucker and I just got back from the most amazing vacation to Hawaii. We are getting great use out of my travel benefits!! This is all about our journeys so read on if you would like.

We left Friday May 30th and stayed the night in Oakland. (I was bawling like a baby when I dropped off the kids. I have never even came close to leaving them this long.) We left the next morning and we got into Oahu around 11am. We checked into our hotel and our room was this dingy, dirty thing. So I called the front desk and they upgraded us to an incredible room with an even more incredible view. I could have sat on our balcony the entire trip. It was truly mezmorizing to have such a view of the ocean and city.
Our hotel was gorgeous. One of the best things was that it had live music every night by the pool. It was right on the main street so from our balcony you could see everything going on below. There were street dancers, live statues, street bands etc. That first night we just relaxed by the ocean enjoying the sights.


The next day was our 4 year anniversary. What a perfect place to spend it. We did my favorite thing that day...Slept in for my first time in probably a year and a half :) We went shopping, hung out by the pool. We had the BEST dinner that night. It was a buffet at our hotel with the live music in the background. The weather was perfect and so was everything else. It's been a crazy four years of marriage together and I wouldnt change a thing about it.
The next day we went to Hanauma Bay and went snorkling. Tucker loved it. He had never done anything like so it was so fun. We saw a bunch of big tropical fish and all sorts of coral, schools of fish and other sea life. That place is the best to snorkle. You really dont realize how many fish are swimming right around you in the ocean.
On Tuesday we switched hotels. For some reason the package I got through my work had us switching. It was just a block away. It ended up turning out great because it was fun to see another hotel and we had a stunning view again. We did some more shopping, more good eating, more walking on the beach and relaxing.
The rest of the time was just spent by the ocean and enjoying our time there. It was great to see the kids again. They had a great time with my mom and dad, Morgan and Cheryce, Jeff and the girls. I already want to go back to Hawaii. Hmmm....Mom and Dad are you up for it???


Tucker "hanging loose"

The view from our balcony of the second hotel

Hanging out by the band with our pina coladas

Diamondhead



Hanauma Bay





9 comments:

Mitzi said...

Can you say jealous? That looks SO amazing! I'm glad you had such a great time!

tysqui said...

That looks like so much fun. You should talk Alison into working for JetBlue...

Caleb and Becky Rigby said...

Amazing pictures!! I'm so jealous, we keep trying to think of where to go on vacation, I think I just decided... Hawaii.

Morgue said...

WOW I am jealous. That looked so fun :)

McKell said...

Those pictures are amazing I can't even imagine what it looked like in person. It all sounds so fun. You are very brave to leave the chillies I would have cried too, but it looks like it was worth it!

The Lilly's said...

Your pictures are awesome, sounds like an amazing time. I think you made a smart move when you changed jobs, heaven knows we don't get any perks like that working for IHC!

ngoclank21 said...

We just looked at your vacation photos. WOW!!!! I am so happy you had a wonderful time, you both deserved it. Your view from the hotel was incredible. Josh & Ngoc Lan say hello too. We have been to some gorgeous places in Viet Nam. I had no idea this country was so beautiful.

Love, Mom, Josh, & Ngoc Lan

Cornhusker said...

That looks like so much fun. I've always wanted a job like that because I LOVE to travel. I'm so glad you were able to have some time just for the two of you. Happy Anniversary!

Alysia said...

Shell, It looks like so much fun! Cute pictures. Tell Kevin how wonderful Hawaii is so that he wants to go.