Monday, July 28, 2008

The Cabin

The view from the deck of the cabin


I love this pic of my hubby--isn't he cute?!


Keaton and mom


Shelby waiting patiently to roast marshmallows


Grandma helping Shelby


The sunset

Tuckers family has this great cabin up Farmington Canyon. It is less then a hour to get there but you feel like you are so far away from everything. The cabin itself is like this 70's style retro thing, but it has so much charm. The cabin is Tucker's favorite place in the world. He counts the days until he can get back up there. We went up Saturday morning with Tuckers mom, dad and brother and had such a fun time. The kids loved it. They have this tire swing that we played in and they enjoyed just getting dirty. :) Tucker's mom is a fantastic cook so we grilled steaks, corn on the cob, fresh clams--no I did not go there-- and fruit. It was so good! That night we watched the sun set over the dwindling Great Salt Lake. Absolutely gorgeous. We came back and roasted marshmallows and played an awesome game of the old-school version of Life. Sunday morning we took a walk to the pond and enjoyed the view. Tucker's brother actually jumped in and swam in it. Way to cold for me. Tucker will be very happy when I say we need to get up there more often.


The lake


We made it!


Josh swimming in the lake.


Lastly, my favorite picture

7 comments:

The Lilly's said...

Wow, that looks like the perfect weekend. It looks so pretty up there. I loved the picture with the sunset. That backpack you have Keaton in is so cool. Where did you get that?

McKell said...

That looks like so much fun! Shelby is such a sweetie she takes such cute pictures!

Jana said...

I'm loving your new pictures!
You deserved a wonderful weekend.
My favorite picture is the one of you Tuck and Shelby.
Love u guys~

Mitzi said...

That looks so great! Just the perfect distance to get away without having to deal with HOURS in the car. So fun!

The Waldron Family said...

Looks beautiful up there. I bet you had a great weekend.

Corn Husker said...

I love being up in the mountains. I'm glad you had such a good time.

Ora said...

Good for people to know.