Sunday, July 6, 2008

A HUGE milestone...and a couple small ones.

Well we finally made it, Shelby is officially potty trained. I have been trying off and on since she turned three and NOTHING was working. She just did not get it. Last Monday night when me and the family were at Willard Bay Shelby started acting like she had to go to the bathroom. She never does so my mom took her to the bathroom and as soon as she sat on the potty she went! I was really surprised. So the next day I decided to try the potty training thing again. Little did I know I didn't have to do anything. She would tell me when she had to go and we didn't have one accident the entire day! She even made it through her nap and at night. It was seriously amazing how it just "clicked" in her head. So it has almost been a week and she has only had one accident. I am so proud of her!
Also in the past 2 weeks, Keaton has gotten 3 teeth. Crazy!! He didn't have any until he was 11 1/2 months old and then they are all coming at once. The other fabulous thing is that it hasn't really affected him getting the teeth. He was a little grumpy with the first one but the other two he has been totally fine. I'm feeling quite lucky at the moment. :)

6 comments:

tysqui said...

Hooray for Shelby. That's amazing how she just decided one day to be ready. Now she can teach Ada...

The Waldron Family said...

Yeah Shelby! Isn't that the best feeling? Now only 1 in diapers!!

Corn Husker said...

Congratulations to all of you! That is so exciting! It's good to hear you are all doing well.

Becky said...

Isn't that the BEST feeling ever? Congrats on both of you!

eMiLy sLaUgH said...

Way to go Shelby! It's amazing how you can find ways to spend money rather then on expensive diapers!

Ryan, Sarah , Ruthie and Tate said...

How ironic. That Monday was Ruthie's first full day in panties. She's also doing well and it is SUCH a relief to have potty training behinds us, isn't it!?