Wednesday, August 20, 2008

A lot to say


Ada, Shelby and Keaton playing on the rocky beach.

It has been quite the week. We went up to Echo Reservoir last Monday and did some boating and played on the beach. This was my first time of the year getting on the boat. That's a bit unusual since it is the end of summer. Anyway, I took Keaton and Shelby and lets just say it wasn't there favorite part.

It was a busy work week, lots of cancellations, crazy weather, mad customers etc. Oh well...what can ya do?

On Saturday night we went up to the cabin with our friends Tyler and Jana. My parents had the kids so we were able to hang out and relax. It was fun since we don't see them nearly enough and of course I cant help getting silly when I see Jana as you can tell by the pictures below.





I caught the Sunday morning flight to San Diego with my MIL Debby and the kids. We stayed with Tucker's cousin, Michele, and had the most amazing time. That night we went down to mission bay and BBQ'd at the beach, played in the sand and looked for sea shells. Shelby and Michele's daughter Samantha had the best time playing together and it is fun to watch them. On Monday we got up and went to Torrey Pines beach. It turned out that Shelby was terrified of the ocean on this trip so she spent half the time freaking out when anyone even put there toes in the water....silly girl. That beach was one of the best I have ever been too. There is something about the ocean that I cant get enough of. I could definitely live by the ocean. That night we went to old town and went to a fabulous Mexican place. Tuesday morning we went over to Coronado and went to Hotel Del Coronado for the breakfast buffet. That hotel is the most stunning hotel I have ever been in. Apparently it is where all the presidents and celebrities stay. It was built in like 1887 and is immaculate! Has anyone ever been there? Anyway the food was amazing and the views were great. We took the afternoon flight back home and here we are. :) All of the pictures are on Debby's camera so I will have to update later. I am so lucky to have such great in-laws and family that we get along with so well because I just love being with them.

6 comments:

alisquire said...

What the crap...you like LIVE in San Diego!

Rachelle said...

It is my home away from home :)

Jana said...

really really really really really... dang

The Lilly's said...

Can we switch lives for a few weeks? I have done absolutely nothing this summer and you have done so many amazing things. I am extremely jealous!! Sounds like San Diego was awesome. I know what you mean, I'm always sad when I have to leave the beach.

Mitzi said...

I can't help but be jealous of your fun travels this summer! I'm glad you're having such a great time, and as always, your kids are darling.

Corn Husker said...

I'm so glad your job has such good benefits for you!