Wednesday, September 24, 2008

New York!


Times Square

See the apple on top of that building?

That's right, I have an "in" with the NYPD

Overlooking the city at night

NY!

My favorite pic

Isn't she majestic??

WTC site

Central Park

Wow! I just got back from New York with my mom and it was AMAZING!! I haven't been there since I was 6 and I couldn't remember really anything about it. I was completely in awe. I loved it! Its like its own little world. We got there Monday afternoon and took the Subway to our hotel and checked in. Then got back on the Subway and went into the city. As soon as we got out of the Subway we were right by Times Square. It was so fun to see everything, people watch, shop etc. We ate dinner overlooking Times Square. That night we went went to the top of Rockefeller Center and overlooked the whole city. That was really neat. We went back to our hotel and slept then woke up early and took the Subway back into the city. We took the Ferry to the Statue of Liberty and walked around there for a while. I loved that. It's just such an amazing symbol of our Freedom. After that we walked to the World Trade Center site. I really wanted to see that and show respect for all those that lost there lifes on that horrible day. We stopped at this yummy cafe and ate lunch at Central Park. I didn't realize how huge it is. After lunch we hopped back on the Subway, grabbed our luggage at the hotel and went to the airport. My mom is an awesome travel companion and Tucker did an fabulous job at home with the kids. When I came home he had the entire house spotless. Maybe I should leave more often! :)

8 comments:

Becky said...

You went to NYC without ME??? I can't believe you. Just kidding...but that did make me cry a little. How fun for you guys!

tysqui said...

I am incredibly jealous of you and your exploits.

Mitzi said...

HOW FUN!!!

eMiLy sLaUgH said...

I love NYC! You know Jet Blue flies into Charlotte, NC which is 3 hours from here! So if you ever want to come to the ATL, you are always welcome!

The Lilly's said...

If I had a dollar for every time I have written "I'm so jealous..." about your blog, I could quit my job and come do all that traveling with you! I've always wanted to go to NYC, so...once again, I'm so jealous!

Corn Husker said...

I'm glad you had fun. I wish Jet Blue flew into Nebraska. If they did, I'd have a cheap way to get from here home. Could you see if you could change that for me? I love seeing your trip pictures. Thanks for sharing.

Alysia said...

I like the pivtures, it looks like you had so much fun. Maybe next time...Kevin usually has things all cleaned up when I leave him alone too. Makes me feel like a big slacker!

Dave and Andrea Weisenbeck said...

I am so jealous! The only time I have been to New York was two weeks after 9/11. It was so much fun, I want to go back someday.