Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Fiesta...Part 2


The 2 chefs at work.

It has always been a tradition of Tucker's family to have a fiesta, but a few weekends ago, Alysia and I busted out the "First Annual Squire Family Fiesta!" It was a whole lot of fun. We decided to make these homemade Chimi's that are to die for. We had so much great food and a yummy tres leches for dessert. Alysia busted out a hand-made pinata. (I wish I had a picture of it, because she did a really good job.) Cheryce brought over a awesome CD that we rocked out to. It was so fun. Everyone was able to come except Morgan...and we missed her... I have to say that it was a major success and a new tradition.

8 comments:

alisquire said...

Major success indeed! Props to the chefs--that was my first ever homemade chimi, and it didn't disappoint.

Morgue said...

I am sad I missed it, but glad I was missed :) the chimi was AMAZING!!!!! and your desert was to die for :) I wil be there next year for sure!!!!

Mitzi said...

That sounds so fun, and what a cute picture of you & Alysia.

The Lilly's said...

My mouth is watering just reading that. Sounds like so much fun!

Alysia said...

It was a fun time and so yummy. I will email a few of the pictures to you.

Corn Husker said...

I'm glad you had fun. Do those chimis ship to Nebraska by any chance? If not, I would love the recipe.

T.Irwin said...

I love the picture! Sounds like you all had a fantasticly fun time - and it adds to the bonding.

eMiLy sLaUgH said...

You guys always have fun ideas! If I ever move back there... will you guys adopt me into your family?!? :)