Saturday, December 6, 2008

Cruisin'

Peeps....I love my job....I won a cruise and decided to take Tucker over his birthday. It was so fun. I got a little nervous before we left because the day we were leaving all of the flights sold out so we had to fly into a different airport then planned but we made it on. The cruise ship left out of Miami and went to Key West and Cozumel, Mexico. The weather wasn't all that great when we left. We were still wearing our sweaters! That night we had a yummy dinner and watched a fun show.


Miami--Happy Birthday Baby!

The grand atrium inside the boat

The next day we got into Key West in the morning and it was cloudy there too. The water was so pretty and FYI, it is the southern-most point in the US. We took a bus into the city and did some window shopping and tried the famous key lime pie. It was fun to walk around and people watch there too. Right before we left it got really windy and cold. Blah... That night it was SO rough. The boat was rocking back and forth and a lot of people got sea sick. I thought it was quite fun actually.


Key West

Just taking a quick bike ride with my buddy
The next day we arrived in Cozumel around noon. It was different then I thought it would be but still very fun. We did some more walking and shopping. We took a horse drawn carriage around the city and then did a glass bottom boat tour. The water was gorgeous and it was so cool to see the fish. That night we went to Senor Frogs and it was crazy. It was like major spring break stuff. Me and Tucker felt very out of place so we did not stay long.
Cozumel
The last day was an "at sea" day so we just spent it eating and laying out. The Ocean is my BFF, so I loved it!
There were dolphins swimming along us as we left!


The slide on our boat

We had a layover in New York so we went into the city and walked around Times Square for awhile. I have always wanted to see the tree at Rockefeller plaza at Christmas. It was huge and beautiful!

The Tree

Tucker's first time in New York.
BTW, Jetblue is hiring part time right now. If you apply, put my name down and I will write you a referral.

7 comments:

The Lilly's said...

Looks like an amazing trip, Jet Blue sounds mighty tempting right about now!

Alysia said...

Looks like lots of fun. I think it is awsome that you got to see NYC as well. happy b-day tucker!

Caleb and Becky Rigby said...

Rachelle, this pictures make me laugh so hard. You are so funny, I miss you. We should probably get together and have a friends Christmas party :)

T.Irwin said...

What a fantastic work prize and a wonderful way to spend a b-day. I now get your comments on that video. You are safe and sound and had a great time, though, so all is well.

T.Irwin said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Mitzi said...

That sounds amazing! It's great that you get such fun perks from your job!

Brittany said...

I'm so jealous of you and all your fun trips. Let me know when Jet Blue had an opening!!