Thursday, February 19, 2009

Our 1st family vacation!!


Shelby insisted on carrying her own luggage the whole time.

Woody, Michele and Me
We just got home from our first family vacation. We have been a lot of places but never with all 4 of us. Tucker's cousin's invited us to San Diego for their daughter's birthday. How could we say no to that?! We are always trying to get down there because we love them so much! It was seriously so much fun. San Diego was gorgeous as always. We got in Sunday afternoon. We spent our first night talking and watching some hilarious home video of Tucker as a little boy. The next day was Samantha's birthday party. They had the party at a really neat pool. It was huge and she had all her friend's there. It was really cute. Shelby got cold very quickly in the pool so the kids mostly played in the bounce house. That night we went out to dinner in Old Town and had some great Mexican food. On Tuesday we went to DISNEYLAND! It worked out great because it was Samantha's birthday so she got in for free. It was Shelby and Keaton's first time there and it was so much fun. She fell in love with the small world ride, finding Nemo and the cars. I had just as much fun watching her sweet little face getting so excited. She got really scared on one ride but got over it pretty quickly. We actually stayed almost until closing because they were being so good even with no naps. I already can't wait to go back. The last day we went down to Seaport Village and walked around and enjoyed the sun. It was a great family vacation and we are so thankful to Tucker's cousins for everything!

The bounce house at the party
Walking into Disneyland

9 comments:

CANADIAN AMERICAN FAMILY said...

Im really good!!! Oh I miss San Diego..I use to live there before I moved here and just reading about Old Town (I know exactly what Mexican food you had) and Seaport Village made me miss it!!!

eMiLy sLaUgH said...

Love your pics! Don't you love the sit and stand stroller!?! What a fun vacation!

Corn Husker said...

That looks like so much fun. I am glad you were able to go all together!

Heather said...

rachelle, i found your blog on lissa's and love to see your picks. i have my blog listed as private so email me your address and i will "invite" you. it is good to see you and your cute family! red
unruly3693@msn.com

~*Our Life*~ said...

disneyland looks MAGICAL! i can't wait until i can take Dax there!

DAN, LISSA, & CAM said...

HEY HEY!!! Im so glad you found me. It has been lots of fun catching up with some of the ol' West Eighters!!!

Your family is super cute, I can't believe your oldest is 4. I remember when she was born, like it was yesterday!

Anyway...I am excited to keep up on your cute family:)

tysqui said...

That looks like it was an awesome trip (and it had better be for you to miss La Verkin).

Alysia said...

I LOVE disneyland, I am so glad that you were able to go as a family. That is so nice that you have family in San Diego. Maybe we should talk someone in our family to moving there too! :)

Mitzi said...

That looks so great! What a neat thing to do as a family. I love reading about all of your travels!