Thursday, August 26, 2010

Crickey


Crickey. I have been dreading this day for years. The day that Shelby starts Kindergarten. She did pretty good. I took her in yesterday morning, we got within 5 feet of her door and she started crying. She walked inside and gave her teacher a big hug and I left. I cried on the way home. It's just so official, she's growing up. I miss her. She came home on the bus and thankfully there is a new bus driver this year. He is really nice and makes Shelby feel comfortable so she was happy. I sent her on the bus this morning and she happily waved goodbye. I really hope she has a great year!

5 comments:

McKell said...

Why do they have to grow up?? It is so exciting to send them off to school, and yet it is one of the hardest things to do. I hope she has a great year, learning, and meeting new friends :)

Bruce and Mitzi said...

Okay, she is just the cutest thing standing there in her adorable dress with her huge back pack on. How sad that they have to grow up so fast!

Bruce and Mitzi said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
becky rigby said...

That is so sad. It sounds like you are handling it okay. She looks so cute in her pink dress. She really seems too small to wear a big backpack. Let's just hope she is a better student that we were. =) UG (do you remember that?)

Alysia said...

She looks adorable. The first day of kindergarten is brutal. She will love it though. She looks cute.