Monday, August 23, 2010

Jamaica Man


Just so you know, Jamaicans really do say Man after everything they say. I was lucky enough to spend my birthday in Jamaica this year. It was beautiful and so much fun. We stayed at the Sandals Grande Ocho Rios and it was unreal! We flew into Montego Bay and took a terrifying 90 minute drive to our resort. They put us in a beautiful room that had a private pool with 2 other rooms. Lucky for us the other 2 rooms were empty while we were there. There was so much to do there. We lounged in the pool, played basketball, darts, ping-pong, checkers, pool and shuffleboard. There was lots of fun entertainment every night. On my birthday we hiked these amazing falls called Dunn's River Falls. That was one of my favorite things we did the entire time. You start at the beach and then you climb 900 feet in the falls. The pictures tell the best story, so here they are!

Our room

The private pool.

The falls at the hotel

Tuckers has skillz

Date night!


On the paddle boat

Darts

Happy Birthday to me! Our dinner was on the pier over the water. It was perfect!

The view from our balcony.

Dunns River Falls
It was gorgeous!

Looking good!

The pier


That's T out there!


One of the many gorgeous pools! They have over 100 pools at the resort!

Lots of pretty flowers.

The rock wall

Jamaica Man!

Shuffleboard

A beautiful canopy

Our last night *sniff, sniff*

5 comments:

The Meyer Family said...

Seriously Rachelle! How awesome! ps..You look amazing!

alisquire said...

What a gorgeous place! You guys go on the best trips. I'm glad you had such a good time.

T.Irwin said...

sounds 'rough!' I have to say I'm a tiny bit jealous...okay, really, I'm really jealous. ha ha ha!

I think it's a great way to celebrate your birthay.

Alysia said...

Seriously? Seriously! You had a private pool. It looks like it belongs in a movie. So pretty. I am glad you got to spend your birthday in such an amazing place.

Christina said...

Do you watch The Office? Sandals Jamaica (I'm guessing there is only one) is where Michael and Jan take a trip. I'm so glad you had a great birthday.