Saturday, October 25, 2014

Grandma Squire

My sweet grandma passed away last Thursday.  She was such an amazing grandma and I will miss her.  She had been battling Alzheimer's for the last several years so I was happy for her to be free of that disease and I was especially happy for her to be reunited with two of her children that had died when they were babies.  I have great memories from childhood with her.  We spent quite a bit of time with her.  We would spent many days in the summer with her.  She was an expert canner and I remember spending time helping her with that.  We would have the best monthly family home evenings at their house and yummy Thanksgiving dinners.  She would put out tons of her homemade pickles because she knew how much we all loved them.  I remember going to Flaming Gorge and Lake Powell with her and she was always cooking for everyone and braiding hair.  My cousin McKell and I were lucky enough to go with my grandma and grandpa on a trip to Yellowstone with them.  It is one of my greatest memories.  My grandma had a way of making everyone feel special.  She is hilarious and always made people laugh.  Many years ago she sewed everyone a quillow.  I wore mine out to bits. My sisters and I went down to visit her the Friday before she passed away.  It was a perfect visit.  She was happy and knew who we all were.  I asked her how she was feeling and she said "With my hands!"  We all laughed and she did too.  My grandma loved music, especially primary songs and we all sang songs together while I played the piano.  When I shut the piano cover after quite a few songs she quickly said to me "What are you doing?  I wasn't done yet!"  So I opened up the piano and we sang some more!  I sure love you grandma. 

1 comments:

McCall said...

Sorry to hear about your Grandma! I'm so sad that your Dad is so far away at this time!