Tuesday, November 25, 2014

Africa Day Three- Afternoon and Evening

After we finished up at the Jiggers we went to my parents house, which is also in Jinja and got cleaned up.
 I had told my parents that the only reason that I was coming to visit was for the HUGE avocados that they get in their backyard....they had moved from the capital of Kampala to Jinja right before we got there and luckily they had an avocado tree at their new house too! 
 My beautiful baby.
 We went to this yummy restaurant called The Keep.  We got some fries and these fantastic lime smoothies.
 We looked up and saw a bat on the ceiling.  Gross.  The person sitting next to us pointed up towards the ceiling above them and there were around 16 bats above them!  Double gross!
 Cheers!
 That evening we went to the Nile River Resort for dinner.  My parents had seen monkeys there before and we were not disappointed.  They were everywhere!  It was great to see them jumping from tree to tree and playing around.
 The location was gorgeous.  It was perfect weather and so cool to eat overlooking the Nile. 
 This is the baby monkey that I wanted to take home. 


 My mom had spilled her water...she is so sad.  The food was good.  I got a delicious pizza!
 
We watched the sunset.  Perfect.

 As we were waiting for our dinner a lizard dropped onto our table.  I jumped on top of Alysia and screamed. 
Last of all, these are the kinds of fun things that we do.  Here is a picture of a person taking a picture of a person taking a picture of a person taking a picture of a monkey.  Get that?

3 comments:

Jackie and Chris Harmon said...

It looks so beautiful there!

squiute said...

I am puzzled with the last picture. Is the theme of the shot the monkey? Perhaps it is the person taking the shot of the monkey. Oh my, it could be the person taking the shot of the person who is taking the shot of monkey. But then again, it could be the person who took the shot of the person who took the shot of the person who took the shot of the person shooting the monkey. OK, this is where it gets "real," what if the theme is the person totally out of the picture who took the picture of the person taking the picture of the person who is taking a picture of the person who is taking a picture of the monkey. Personally, I think it's the beautiful vegetation.

Kevin said...

I LOVE the picture of the picture picture. Good Times! HAHAHA. (alysia)