Saturday, September 3, 2016

Day 7: Marseille

I was super excited to be able to spend some time in France on this trip.  We were there a couple days after a terrorist attack in Nice, so we wanted to make sure that we were extra safe while we were there. 
As the boat was pulling in to port, I couldn't for the life of me figure out what all of the little dots in the water were.  It took me a long time to figure out that they were boats! 


We took a scenic bus tour excursion this day and saw some great things!

 
In front of the Palais Longchamps.

I just love how they build here.

I was super excited when we saw the Chateau D'If where the Count of Monte Cristo is based out of.  I love that movie.


Marseille was gorgeous.


We had a couple hours to shop on our own.  I really want to eat at a French bakery.  A real one...not a touristy one.  We found one and it was delicious.

I had to buy a baguette.  The boat security made me put it through the security scanner.  :)

That night we played some music trivia.  We actually played a lot of trivia while we were on the boat.  These Scottish guys always won and gave us their hats...because they had probably 20 of them!

1 comments:

tysqui said...

You should read the book (The Count of Monte Cristo). One of my favorites! You saw a ton more than we did in Marseille. I'll have to go back I guess!